Saturday 19 November 2011

Dropbox Disaster!!

What a disaster, those of you who have asked for the link to my catalogue and pricelists will know what Dropbox is. I thought it was a really good idea......until today!!
This morning a sharer of my catalogue managed to delete the whole thing......not so bad, I managed to undelete all the pictures and price lists. But then, I decided to remove this person from the list of sharers, just because if they had deleted everything from their computer then they obviously didn't want to be on the list. And I didn't want to give them the opportunity to delete everything again!!!

But they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and this is so true when it comes to me and computers, anyway to cut a long story short I managed to delete everything......files, pictures, price lists and all the names and e-mails of the sharers.........I can tell you the air was blue, actually more indigo!....even I didn't know I knew so many swear words!!!

So if you are thinking of looking at my catalogue and pictures on Dropbox I'm sorry they no longer exist.

But all is not lost, after much thought I have decided to add all the pictures and pricelists to pages on this blog. look under the main title and you will see a line of boxes with titles. Click on these to see the content.
Obviously it is going to take a while to put everything on here so please bear with me, and if you have read all the way down to here.....Thank you.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend
Georgie

12 comments:

otterine said...

Oh, I once deleted my entire blog database...luckily the tech support people were able to restore a backup that had been done 1 hour earlier (again lucky)...but those 30 minutes or so of waiting to see if it could be done were dizzying. I feel for you. Hugs!

Mags Cassidy said...

ROFL....we've all been there!

SaMiRa73 said...

Hi Georgie! Sorry that you had trouble! On the other hand, I really like that now I only have to go on your blog to "go shopping".
Hugs, Sandra

Georgie Steeds said...

Thank you all for your kind comments, I'm sure everyone has had one of those Oh No moments! But as you say Sandra, much easier to go shopping now!!

It may take a few days until everything is on the blog.I'm trying to do it in small sections so I don't get fried eyeballs. (technical term for staring too long at a computer screen)

Georgie xx

Robin said...

OMG!!! I can't even bear to think about it.....however, on the blog is good!!!!
Rx

Becky said...

How awful! I did wonder what had happened when all your Dropbox files disappeared today. I hope you will be able to sort it all out! It may be a good thing to have everything all in one place now anyway. Good luck!

Linda Carswell said...

Ouch!!!!

I do think that your blog is the perfect place to have your list of plants and prices. Computers are fabulous....but, just not all the time!!!

Cris Bottaro said...

Oh! Sorry! But it may be better to have your price list and photos on the same blog. Good luck and kiss on the heart.

Anonymous said...

Hi, thank you very much for letting us know of your changes. This is good news ... is a wonderful idea that all prices are here in your blog. Ohh and thanks for your visit and follow me. Dont worry us wait for you!! Hugs!!!

Judith said...

How dreadful for you! Better to have your products on your blog though in the long run I think. Take care Georgie, and don't worry, we've all been there (in one way or another). Hugs x

Pat said...

Uff my sorry to hear about the disaster.
Georgie when I bring up my dropbox and click your catalogue I stil get up the 194 elements.

Pat

Georgie Steeds said...

Me again!!

It seems to be going okay putting everything on the pages, but not finished yet.
Pat, I'm glad to know you still have your dropbox catalogue, but in future if you want to see new things they will just be on the blog.

Thank you all for your comments, they are much appreciated

Georgie xx